PDA

Xem đầy đủ chức năng : viết văn

VU VAN TUNG
24-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Các anh chị dịch giúp em đoạn văn dưới sang tiếng anh với :'' khi tôi còn nhỏ tôi rất thích nghe bà tôi kể chuyên. tôi thường nghe bà kể chuyện trước khi ngủ.bà đã kể cho tôi nghe rất nhiều truyện hay và tôi thích nhất la truyện :''....". và tôi nghĩ tôi không thể quên dược câu truyện ấy ".

letue
24-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I loved the stories which been told by my grandma when i was a kid. I often listen to my grandma's stories bèfore i go to sleep. She have told me so many interesting stories and the one that i loved the most is :"..." And i thought that i couldn't forget that story.

ps: mình đã bỏ học từ lâu và ko tiếp xúc nhiều với tiếng anh, mình nghĩ là bài dịch của mình còn sai sót, bài này chỉ để bạn tham khảo thôi okie ^^

letue
24-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I love the stories told by my grandma when I was a kid. I often listened to her stories before i went to sleep. She has told me many interesting stories and the one I loved the most is "..." and I believe it is a story that I could never forget.

ps: bài dưới đây là bài của thằng bạn nó sinh ra ở Mỹ nên chắc chắn chính xác, khi so sánh 2 bài bản sẽ thấy bài ở trên của mình bị mac nhiều lỗi :)

Eternal_Baka
25-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I want to try ^.^
------------
When I was a kid I really liked the [fairy-tales] in which was told by my grandma. I used to listen everytime I go to bed. She had told me many interesting [fairy-tales] and the one I liked the most is: "....," and I believe that I'd never forget it.
------------
The reason I insert a bracket [] around fairy-tales is because I don't know whether "truyện" as in "truyện cổ tích" or as in "truyện tranh" ; ) please clarify.
If truyện cổ tích = fairy-tales ; Else = stories

.:*~Tawny~*:.
25-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I love the stories told by my grandma when I was a kid. I often listened to her stories before i went to sleep. She has told me many interesting stories and the one I loved the most is "..." and I believe it is a story that I could never forget.

ps: bài dưới đây là bài của thằng bạn nó sinh ra ở Mỹ nên chắc chắn chính xác, khi so sánh 2 bài bản sẽ thấy bài ở trên của mình bị mac nhiều lỗi :)
Bold; but i'm not so sure I agree with :" and the one I loved the most is... and I believe it is a story that I could never forget."
Decide whether you want to stick with past or present. If you're unsure, stick with past tense
I recommend
.... and the one I loved the most was...
Keep in mind that using "WAS" here does not mean that you loved that story in the past but no longer love it now; it's just how it should be written.
*American born people do not always use proper grammar, you know :rang:. Even professors make mistakes;

Eternal_Baka
26-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Re-attempt
-------
I really liked the [fairy-tales] told by my grandma when I was a kid. I used to listen everytime I went to bed. She had told me many interesting [fairy-tales] and the one I liked the most was: "....," and I believe that I'd never forget it.

bòcon_nosua
26-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I could never forget.
\
i just think
if u want to"nhấn mạnh"*that one
i think u can say like this
I 'd never ever [....] forget
p/s: * sorry i dont no how to write down this word in english :D
[...] U can add some more the word "ever" if u like :D

26-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Re-attempt
-------
I really liked the [fairy-tales] told by my grandma when I was a kid. I used to listen everytime I went to bed. She had told me many interesting [fairy-tales] and the one I liked the most was: "....," and I believe that I'd never forget it.
Don't use past perfect in this case ( she had told), nha baka ^^ . and ... don't add the " ever"; your last part is fine.
* Ever might emphasizes one's point...usually in conversation, debate. But be careful when using it in essays; " never ever" doesn't work in all cases. It sounds strong, but might be too strong for such a topic like this when the writer wants to express something precious & gentle ^^
Baka, you're almost thereeeeeeeeeeee...................

Eternal_Baka
26-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks a buncha for your comment ^.^ I really appreciate it.
A request for a short explanation of "past perfect" please? Thanks first.
For some reason, I felt past perfect sounds okay but eh..I could be wrong :3

bòcon_nosua
26-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Ever might emphasizes
DONT chia cái động từ nì như vậy chứ TAWNY :D
when we used "động tự khuyết thiếu" like this
thì verb always is infinitive:D

Thanks a buncha for your comment ^.^ I really appreciate it.
A request for a short explanation of "past perfect" please? Thanks first.
For some reason, I felt past perfect sounds okay but eh..I could be wrong :3
my personality thought :D
then i think TAWNY was right ,bro :D because in"past perfect "
we need 2 actions happenend one before ,one after that :D
and i think letue was right he wrote :
She has told
sorry i could be wrong too.
because im not living in the country which speak english :D

27-02-2009, 11:38 PM
good catch , shame shame on me. but I don't get what does dong tu khuyet thieu mean though ; please explain it; I'd really like to learn. khuyetthieu=?
e
Uhm Baka, past perfect is used when you try to relate two events which happened in the past. It usually shows the one event that came first.
FOr example:
1. I lived in Vietnam
2. I came to the U.S
Obviously, event #1 happened first. So you can combine them like so:
Before I came to the U.S, I had lived in Vietnam.

If you retell something, apparently you're going to use past tense all throughout the story. Notice that there are also long sequences and relating events in the stories, it tends to get confusing for readers to get the whole picture.
He listened to that story; he loved it . << so in the past, he loved it. He still loves it now. That's possible ^^.
but when you write
He listened to that story; he had loved it << he used to love it, but not anymore.

Sorry I'm really bad at explaining & giving examples. bahaha

Trust me, even though I understand the concept, applying this tense is a pain in the butt. I'm just as confused as many others ^^

bòcon_nosua
28-02-2009, 06:49 AM
@ TAWNY : oh "động từ khuyết thiếu " my god ,i can understand that in my language but i dont no how to say in english :D
OH can i say it in vietnamese ,i think it s easier for me :D
động từ khuyết thiếu theo cách nói của tiếng việt thì có nơi gọi là động từ khiếm khuyết hay sao ấy :D
sorry tiêng việt về mí cái vụ nì ko rành lắm :D
các động từ nì có thể là may ,can ,should....etc.. something like that :D
AND THEN TAWNY :D
I DO THINK YOUR EXPLANATION ABOUT PAST PERFECT IS VERY GOOD :D
I THINK IT IS ENOUGH :D
HOPEFULLY BAKA COULD UNDERSTAND THAT :D

Eternal_Baka
01-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Haha, as a slow learner myself...I can't really say whether I could understand it or not. I shall wait until the time comes and I will and shall apply it ^.^, only then should I know. Thanks a buncha, TAWNY.
I don't understand most English grammars that was written in Vietnamese as I immigrated to The U.S when I was 10. I think I lost the fundamentals of the English grammars since I learned English by: Talking, reading, listening, and online games. No grammar explanations involved in those ^_^
Oh! How I was inspired by the language and its intricacies.
P.S: If it isn't rude to ask, where do you live and for how long, Tawny?

08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Haha, as a slow learner myself...I can't really say whether I could understand it or not. I shall wait until the time comes and I will and shall apply it ^.^, only then should I know. Thanks a buncha, TAWNY.
I don't understand most English grammars that was written in Vietnamese as I immigrated to The U.S when I was 10. I think I lost the fundamentals of the English grammars since I learned English by: Talking, reading, listening, and online games. No grammar explanations involved in those ^_^
Oh! How I was inspired by the language and its intricacies.
P.S: If it isn't rude to ask, where do you live and for how long, Tawny?
I live in San Jose, CA for about 5 years ^^ so I'm much more of a 'FOB' lol than many of Vietnamese here.
It's such an advantage that you came here when you were little, so learning English should be just a matter of time. My sister was 9 when we moved here, and she learned English the way you did; It's amazing how the human mind can obtain knowledge so quickly at an earlier age.
I was taught by my dad when we lived in Vietnam through this convenient program called Streamline English ^^, which cost about like $2 back then :so_funny:

Eternal_Baka
08-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Ah, I see =]
I need at least 20 words in order to post so...This is just a fill-in =P