PDA

Xem đầy đủ chức năng : Correction, Help.

Ngày Hôm Qua
22-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Maybe everybody still remember the Hurricane Katrina, happening in 2005, devastating

Louisiana and Mississippi and killing about 1,836 people (Hurricane Katrina,

en.wikipedia.org.). This hurricane has still been a good lesson of how global warming

affects human life. Although the planet getting warmer does not create hurricane, it makes

the storm more powerful. This year, people in third worlds are hungry and thirsty because

the climates change. If the earth is getting warmer and warmer, the glaciers melt lead to

higher sea level, stronger storms and hurricanes and more mosquitoes-borne diseases,

and it may result to the end of human beings

Every body please help me to correct my grammar mistakes in my introduction. Also if you have any idea or know good electronic articles, magazines about environment, Please share your ideas and give me the link!!!

Thần Tình Yêu
22-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Maybe everybody still remember the Hurricane Katrina, happening in 2005, devastating

Louisiana and Mississippi and killing about 1,836 people (Hurricane Katrina,

en.wikipedia.org.). This hurricane has still been a good lesson of how global warming

affects human life. Although the planet getting warmer does not create hurricane, it makes

the storm more powerful. This year, people in third worlds are hungry and thirsty because

the climates change. If the earth is getting warmer and warmer, the glaciers melt lead to

higher sea level, stronger storms and hurricanes and more mosquitoes-borne diseases,

and it may result to the end of human beings

Every body please help me to correct my grammar mistakes in my introduction. Also if you have any idea or know good electronic articles, magazines about environment, Please share your ideas and give me the link!!!

yo !! this is ok ! but let me show u this

Everyone in this coutry still rememeber the worst hurricane in Us history, happened in 2005 , destroyed almost everything on her way, left behind the lost can be counted up to billions of dollar. This is the warning from Mother Nature, we can see through the news , the image of polution, the melting-icebreg that limited the living environment of polar bears, the hole in Ozon layer is bigger through time, these is just the nowwaday affect that we can see. What will happen in the future which that we can not see? But we can guess , the third world will be hotter than it is right now , life is destroyed , iceberg melted , more water therefore higher sea level , more flood , even more than we can not image. Is it will be the end of Human being?

StevenDinh
23-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Well.....let's talk about the last day of the world and the end of the human being......in my opinion the Earth will be end soon. 'cause people make air, water...pollution, more population and the Earth warmer make the hapitat changes......................The end of the world will come in soon. ^^

Thần Tình Yêu
23-04-2008, 03:32 PM
yo !! this is not dissusion , we are correcting grammar :|

StevenDinh
28-04-2008, 09:24 AM
ups............my bad. ^^

tienu
18-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Maybe everybody still remember(1) the Hurricane Katrina happening(2) in 2005, devastating(3) Louisiana and Mississippi and killing(4) about 1,836 people (Hurricane Katrina, en.wikipedia.org.). This hurricane has still been a good lesson(5) of(?!) how global warming affects human life. Although the planet getting warmer does not create hurricane, it makes the storm more powerful. This year, people in third worlds(6) are hungry and thirsty because the climates(7) change(8). If the earth is getting warmer and warmer, the glaciers melt lead(9) to higher sea level, stronger storms and hurricanes and more mosquitoes-borne(?!) diseases, and it may result to the end of human beings(10)

Although I'm not so confident about my English, but I think, at least I can see few of your errros here.

Well, let's see what we've got here:

(1)remember: "Everyone" is counted as an uncountable noun, which involves this "remember" here has to be written as "remembers".
(2)the Hurricane Katrina happening: I don't know why you have to use "happening" here. Methinks, what you meant by this sentence is "the Hurrricane Kảtrina which happened....". Which here is used as a linking word, when you want to describe 2 ideas in 1 sentence.
(3) + (4): The V-ing form here has been used in wrong case. I suggest the Simple Past Tense makes more sense.
(5) has still been a good lesson: The Tense, Present Perfect tense is the wrong tense. This is a fact, a truth, that this "lesson" still frightens people and goverments out...

<Ack, to be continued.....>

Yours sincerely.

P/S: I horrribly apologize for interrupting absubtly like this. I know it's rude, but there are people who don't like me sitting too much in front of the screen of the computer. I'll come back, and finish my correcting. By the way, the name of this pic seems to be....wrong-written.

Ngày Hôm Qua
18-05-2008, 01:39 PM
1. You right! I missed the "s" for single noun " everyone".

2. you know " reduce adjective clause?. I am not sure that my sentence is right, but... let check again!

3. you think this was a good lesson, so how about now??. if you say that "lesson" still frightens people and governments out..., it completely change what I mean, and also it is not right. also, I wonder why you want to use "governments" and what wrong with preposition "of" . Do you mean many governments?

(6)Let me tell you why I wrote third worlds. 'third worlds" stands for poor countries.
(7) climates change should be climate change ( it was a spelling mistake)

(9) what is the mistake??

*** mosquitoes-borne is a noun, and in this case it is an adjective

(10) is it result to need to be result in? i'm curious what wrong with it?

However, thank you very much for participating this topic and correcting my passage.

congratulation!!!! summer is coming!!!!!

tienu
19-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Oh, dear.

Thanks a lot for showing your points and replying me. I'm really grateful for that, cho_mot_tinh_yeu. And by the way, I really like you, start to like your way of learning, and also, admire. But, as I'd written clearly: I had to interrupt my correcting right the way, so I hadn't time to have my explanation done.

Ok, let's see!!! :D You seem to be quite confident of your English, and it's obvious that you've tried to draw my agreement to the mistakes I've pointed out. There's only 1 thing I could say to you when I read your respond is: You really moved me. :D

(5) As I told you, I haven't finished with this one!!! I absolutely don't want to turn your original idea into something else (This was partly my fault that you got me wrong at this point) What I meant was it would be more suitable if you use the Present Simple here. (You can check up the use of this tense if you don't believe me :D When it comes to information, facts, statements or the truth, people are more likely to use this tense, not Present Perfect, as you has chosen). You get me now, bro? Next time, it'd be more helpful if you're a bit more patient, please :D And I'm not telling you off

(2) At first, I was actually confused by your "reduce adjective-clause", but after running, chasing my teacher to make this clear, I think I know what you meant now. But still, this sentence: "Maybe everybody still remember the Hurricane Katrina happening in 2005...." is unacceptable. Just because you can reduce a clause to a phrase, doesn't mean you should use it :) The problem is your "happening", the verb, is wrong-written :D It'd be lots better if you write it in Past tense, an already-happened action in the past, and has already ended for long time ago. (Is....Katrina still killing people? Oh please, that wouldn't make sense!!!)

(6) third worlds: Oh, I understand perfectly what you meant by "third worlds" here, bro. It wasn't the problem of using words but it was the problem of "identify" the word. Articles, please!!! ^^ Here, you have to "identify" this phrase by "the", because, like The Evironment, The Goverment, The Earth, these special words need some determine words. They're pretty well-used in Politic, Religion, Science, so we always "dress" them with Article "The"!!! You understand what I mean here? :D

tienu
19-05-2008, 11:41 AM
(7) + (8) Climates change: Although I've got your explanation and acknowledgement of your unexpected mistake, but I could find no satisfaction in it :D You cut the "s" in "climates", but forgot to put the "s" in "change" :D Climate changes is the right one :D

(9) the glaciers melt lead to higher sea level: Well well well, dear, you put your foot in it again, bro. I recognise your so-called "reduce Adj-clause" wrong-using here. But, as I've said earlier, don't use it too much!!! This would sound a lot better if it was like this: "The melting glaciers lead to a higher sea level...."

(10) Human-beings: Oh, is this a...countable noun? How surprised!!! I've never seen this before!!! :D (Human-being is "unidentified" Noun, like, f.ex: Love, friendship, peace...; You can't define them, so they can never be "countable"!!!)

***mosquitoes-borne: I was just a bit confused over this :D There's nothing wrong, but...hehe, I don't even know why I colored this...red -_-'' Weird myself -_-''

Thanks for paying attention. You seem to be neither an English beginner nor Well-English-user, just like me. Recently, I've been trying a lot to improve my English, struggling so hard that I thought I could have turned crazy. <And I don't know why I'm telling you this unnessecary information -_-''>

Last year, my class has worked with a project about Global Warming. I got an A+ from my Physic teacher, although I didn't truly deserve it -_-'' The Global Warming is caused by Cảrbondioxid gas (CO2), blocking the way of warmth air to get out of the Earth through the atmosphere in the nights. Because CO2 is more likely to attract the warmth, refflects it back to the ground, just like when you're sitting in a glass-made room, feeling the heat but can never get brown. That's why we sometimes use the expression: "Green House Effect" to describe the reason behind Global Warming. Al Gore, the Vice President of ÚSA, has made a movie about this international issue: "The inconvenient truth" in 2006, and got a Nobel Price for the film, the project he worked with :D

As what I know, hurricanes become more violent when the temperature difference between 2, or more areas, continents becomes more apart. :D

Ack, you can search on the Internet for more information :D

Time's up. My power's up. See ya arround then, bro. Hope you'd be satisfied with my explanations :D By the way, the name of this pic has a bit problem. In regard, it supposes to be "I need some correcting, please!!!"; Or "Please help me correct my mistakes!!". Correction means something else: The action to change something in the right form!!! (Sự sửa chữa) :D Be careful when you use words next time, bro :D

Yours sincerely.

Tienu.

Ngày Hôm Qua
19-05-2008, 02:28 PM
you know, I agree that you are right at some of my mistakes. However, not all of what you pointed are wrong.

human beings is a count noun.... (check your dictionary. I have always used this tẻrm, but after read your explanation, I got confused)

climate change is right ( you can check dictionary, or search on the Internet)

one more time, I am not sure whether or not I should use "happening" in this sentence , but happening in this case dose not mean " some thing is being progressive".

Actually, I spent long time researching global warming, and I have some ideas for my essay now.

You know, the name of this topic is not a big deal, sister. After having discussions with you,I realize that you are a very detail and intelligent girl.

By the way, what grade are you in? and where are you living now?

tienu
20-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Cho_mot_tinh_yeu,

Thanks for replying me and spend some time on my comment :D I'm jumping of happiness right now :D <And I might exaggerate a bit with that "jumping" detail -_-''>

First of all, I want to tell you that I'm not a very detailed person <Detailed, not detail as you've written> Or my detailedness isn't focused on the right stuffs, so you're still clearly confused. This to me can be counted as a disgrace -_-'' (And if you look closely enough, you'd no challenges recognise some of my stupid mistakes :D)

About your Climate Change, oh bro, "change" is also a noun :D I've searched on the Internet to testify what you say, and directly, I realised right the way what the problem is here: You've misunderstood, mixed up between "change" - the verb and "change" - the noun. Have you ever listened to The Scorpions? There's a song of them, named: Wind of change, in the early 1990, written to praise the end of the War between German and Russia. Here, the expression Climate Change is a noun-phrase/Noun, consists of 2 Nouns :D

At the Human-being point, yes, I acknowledge that you're right. :D (I should have checked the dictionary first before I corrected you -_-''; This's what they call: "Điếc mà thích ngóng, ngọng mà nhiều lời" Or "Ngu mà thích nói") But also, Human-being, in USA can be considered as a "characteristic" -saying. For example, when someone say: "Where is your human-being?", it means that she probably thinks you're "Heartless" or "froidsang" (= Cold blood) So I mixed up these 2 meanings of the word and....>''< I apologize for my carelessness.

While reading your comments (also in other topic of this forum), I realized your (sorry) bad habbit of using words without concerning the true meaning. The carefulness I've got today, actually I have to thank my No-blood-relation brother, who's named himself Funky (for entertaining). It took me months, weeks, days to understand what he really meant with "Get back to the basic of the words before you use it". Before, I wouldn't care, I wouldn't be conscious of different meanings and the "contrast" of the words, not until when I chatted with an elder friend of mine, I used the word "chêeky" to joke with him. He got angry, of course. He valued me as a "discourteous" unconscious young girl. At first, I didn't percieve the reason why, but when I sincerely asked him, and apparently, checked up the English-English dictionary of The Cambridge University, I panicked -_-''

Understand or not, the point here, I don't care. I just don't want others to "tremble in my foot print" (Not sure). This stupid habbit, or hobby, has caused me many unpredictable troubles. I guess I've learnt my lesson afterwards :D

You wonder where I live? How old I am?

Well, I'm not living in Vietnam at the moment. But the country where I'm living right now isn't an English-speaking country either. I spent my damn 6 months to learn Swedish, and damn 6 months wasting my time on Nonsense things. -_-'' Yes, I live in Sweden, cold and alone :D Now, when I realize what I want: An international education, I start to regret, to feel Me-the stupid -_-''

I'm in grade 8 of Mangus Stenbocksskolan, Helsingborg :D People sometimes don't believe I'm that young, but...<sigh> yes, bro <That's why I call you bro>, I'm sure that I'm still a kid, an infant -_-''

Although the name of the topic isn't a big deal, but it's taunting my eyes and I couldn't help myself saying to you that It really sounds stupid :D I'm not mocking you, but these kind of mistakes don't suppose to happen, right? Especially to such a smart guy like you :D

Best regard.

Tienu.

Ngày Hôm Qua
20-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Honestly, I saw your mistakes, but I don't care much about those. You seem to know very well English, so I think you don't need my help for sure. I want to discuss on global warming and my essay only

You said I mixed up and misunderstood about the word "change"! Wow, what is your point? in your explanation, what you wrote did not make any point. However what I realized is that you mentioned about noun phrase and noun. Yeah, it is right.

I am kind of understand that you gave one example about " wind of change." do you want to apply it for the change of climate or the climate of change?? *_*

Anyways, I appreciate your comments. those make me work to check my English skill.

And because u told me many things about you, I should let you know that I am not neither new English learner nor well English user.
I am not living in Vietnam either.

tienu
21-05-2008, 05:19 AM
All right, I think we can put the Climate Change discussion aside now, because I've finally realized the Stupid Me, didn't take notice on your original writing before making a conclusion :D Maybe I should change my Singature to "I'm the smart alec!!!" -_-'' ("A smart alec" means...ỉronically and humorously a person who try to act smart, although she/he probably doesn't know a lot)

Oh, please <I'm dying laugh> the climate of change wouldn't make sense :D Are you teasing me? Bro? :D

Somehow, the last comment, when you haven't edited it yet, I could smell a bit furry in it (Or...did my nose trick me?) So if you feel uncomfortable about my wildly correcting, just go ahead and tell me :D I wouldn't mind that, because my characteristic, hobbies and habbits sometimes make others' blood boil or they often get me wrong, even worse, become irritated by me -_-'' Maybe I was born to be misunderstood, or my "Living bread" is possibly to tease others up.

Global warming, yeah, people say that: No one can do anything, but everyone can do something!!! <I'm not sure if I'm right -_-''> With only scientists', govenments' and other organisations' try in this Revolution to win our atmosphere back to its old days, they'd never be able to suceed!!! Hopeless!!! When others give the shit in this issue and say out loud: "I don't f*cking care!!!"

"Oh, saving the Earth!!! I wouldn't do it!!! I'm not a hero!!" - Once I've heard somebody said. And honestly, I felt a bit bitter in my mouth, heart squeezing as if someone was holding, crossing it in their hand. I'm so not any of those Kyotoprotokoll shits, but still, I found if fairly humorous when she was telling me she wasn't any hero. After working with the project, reading through many of magazines, websites, looking for the solution to how we can protect our Earth, our Home sweet Home and prevent the Green House effect, I now understand that it isn't hard. Even a kid can do it.

- Plant more trees :D As my teacher said: "Oh, green river, green river, how could you turn black? Oh paint some colors on my city, please. Oh, where's the green? Where's the green?"

- Save energi. Change light bubs to flourescent lights. You can then save 90% of your electrice paycheck.

- Don't drive ethanol. Don't damn try to be an Angel and drive environmentally friendly cars.

- Eat less biff (You may find this funny, but seriously, it isn't)

- Don't take a long warm shower so frequently.

- Turn off your TV, your computer, and don't left the room lightened when nobody is there.

Oops, what's else do I have on mind? Oh, It's all!!! :D Time doesn't allow me to explain, but I'm sure you can search on Internet later :D

Have fun, bro.

Ngày Hôm Qua
21-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh, I passed your now-age, so I can understand you. I used to act like you, but when I got older, I changed my characteristics.
Of course, I don't feel anything strange about you. Only one thing, I was surprised that you have a wide range of knowledge which I did not know when I was in that age.

And... have you ever heard about "green energy," and "green building".

By the way,I turned in my research paper already, and I got it back last week with a not bad grade.

Uhm, I think you should not use extra words to emphasize your passion.

Have a nice day!!! Is it summer coming in Sweden?

tienu
23-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Sorry for not replying you the earliest I could :) I've slept all the day yesterday, and stayed up all night long. My mother, I think, is getting a bit angry at me now -_-''

About a smart alec, I don't know what to say. My bad, huh? Next time, I'll try keep my mouth shut :D I'm really talkative lately (And the reason is still unclear -_-'' Might cause by the weather change here in Sweden) Can you imagine it? I spent my whole night to read up a book named "Making Words" yesterday, and still, I can't understand a thing. Just wondered: "What the hell is he talking about?" Simply, I was lost. But I just kept reading like an idiot -_-''

Luckily, I did learn something useful, at least. Although I don't think I'm gonna have use of those :)

You've got a good mark for your work? Oh, great!! Congratulation then :D I'm glad to hear that :D

About the green energy, yes, I know :D It's the energi comes from natural sources, such as wind, sun, water,... But green building...I haven't heard before. Isn't it those houses which catch the energy from the sun? I'm curious.

Yeah, sometimes I hate my tringy self for using too much words like that -_-'' I just want to practise, nothing more, not even think of boasting my sooooo not rich Vocabulary -_-''

Oh, summer, I hate it >''< I'm a Book Worm. Every summer, I just cry: "Is it school start soon? I miss my teachers!!! I miss my books!!! Oh, school!!!" <Ok, I'm kidding. I love summer like every kids else. But I do love going to school too :D> Summer here is great, you know? I love the nature, the singing festive air every nights, the early dawn of the days, and blomsom odour, fresh, young, filled with colours in the air. Usually, I spend my whole summer days to......read, or walk down town, sitting in a Cafe and enjoy my tea. Boring, huh? Oh, lame, I'm such a boring person :D

I don't know what I'm going to do this summer. No plans. No care. Maybe, sleep!!! :D

How about you then? What're you goin' to do? I'm curious where you live :)

Have fun, bro :D

Ngày Hôm Qua
23-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Green Building, a term used in architecture, means using green energies and releasing least green house airs. For example, Not only using green energy, in my school, some new building were built by reused materials. Also, flowers or plant can be grown on those building's roofs. It is pretty beautiful when looking it from higher place. However, the meaning of green building includes both liberality and figuration. It is not only "green" with nature but also with humans. I mean that in this kind of house or building people have to use their own bodies to finish their job with out unnecessary help from technology. For example, workers have to walk up the floor instead of using elevators.

It is interesting to talk about Green Building, and of course you can search for its information on the Internet.

I have a bad habit that I'm lazy to read. I just read when I have to. However I have done reading some books. If you're interested in racism or fumigants, you should try The Color of water or the Namesake.

My Summer will be busy, I'm not still young to have a break time. I am going to take Summer classes and find a job ( save money to go back Vietnam).

Let guess where I'm living now!

I live in a city where it is pretty cold in Summer but sometimes hot Spring and Fall.

Tip: It is in North America but not Canada. ( You know where I am now, right)

Have a nice weekend! ( if it is in Sweden)

tienu
24-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Oh, bro, I'm jealous with you. I wish I could have a busy summer like you, bury my head in bunches of work, and always've got stuffs to do. At my age, the others usually take their vacation in foreign countries, but me, I don't have money. So I guess....the Library is going to be my mate under the summer vacation.

Yeah, books. I don't like to read books either, or...I used to not favour them, but now (this is embarrasing) when I've got no friends, and my Outside activities has incredibly slowed down (I don't know if I can use this term correctly), I start to make friends with books. I always....hungry for knowledge, but after all, reading books and do experiments are still the best way to solve my "hủngriness" :D

Green Building, oh, I've learnt something new today :D Thanks for that!!

You live in Oz, don't you? Well, I've got a No-blood-related bro also living there. I've never met him (and I willingly die for that), but he's really a cute guy. I admire him for his strength (of course, not physical strength), a head for learning stuffs, and his warm heart, his (cute) will to help everyone in the world....And there's one more thing: He still loves...Cartoon movies, such as....Snow White, Cinderella, Big Bad Wolf...ect Oh my God, you don't know yet, I've made/re-made a song for him, calling him "The Big Bad Wolf". It was the funniest thing ever when I "saw" his face went red :D

<Why am I telling you this -_-''>

Oh, c'mon, why do you have to give me the "Tip"? Of course, Oz is the only place in the world has got a "reserved" climate/seasons like that, huh? Else where? (But in Southern Africa, at the very top of the continent, you can also find "subzero" days) But I don't think it's very popular for a Vietnamese people to live there :D

You said you were'nt still young to have summer holiday. How many years were you born before me, bro? :D I miss Vietnam, too, so much, so bad that I just want to escape from this damn cold country, but I can't. :D After all, I can't disappoint my family. I've got to make them proud, suceed first :)

Yeah, it's weekend now :D Have a nice weekend, too :D

P/S: Thanks for recommend me the book. I'll look for it, but I'm afraid there aren't so many books in the Library @_@