PDA

Xem đầy đủ chức năng : Old Topic- New Suggestion

Ngày Hôm Qua
14-04-2008, 02:54 PM
How do you study English successfully?

I know this is not a new topic, but let discuss again in different situations.

We all know that Beginning learning English is a big challenge with new English learner, but how about people with three or more years learning English?
How do u improve your all English skills. I mean reading writing and also speaking. What are your experiences?, ànd let share your strategy: how do u write a good academic essay, how do u perform a presentation,...

Oh, I really need help in reading skill, which I have always gotten struggle.

StevenDinh
15-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Well in my opinion. We should be learn how to read before every thing, but i know "read" is not easy for everyone. Also "read" can help u improve ur writing (at the beginning u just write a little paragraph, but then u'll write a big essay). Add indition u can learn more vocab. from reading. So "reading" is the first skill everyone should to learn......

Ngày Hôm Qua
15-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for sharing StevenDinh. It is true, but how do you read and understand a writing. Of course, we can learn a lot ò thing from reading.
Also, writing a big essay is not easy, ísn't it?

I mean big is not long but rich!

StevenDinh
16-04-2008, 03:27 AM
I agree with u that at the beginning we can't understand some word from reading but after a long time u'll know and understand the meaning of that word. And about the Essay..........I know that not easy for everyone to write an Essay, even though I spent a lot of time for English (I can even fix my GRAMMAR mistake) so if u love and want to learn more about it, don't give up just find another way to learn it.

Have a nice day.

Sunshine*
22-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, it is an old topic, many people have posted this kind of topic over &over again, but now that to think about it, I dont know how to study english successfully? I think reading books is a good idea, you learn a lot of vocabs, grammar, punctuations &things like that. Reading it out loud sometimes is a good idea. When you watch TV, turn on the subtitles &read along, and repeat the pronounciations of the words that you dont really know. Writing is the hardest I guess, but the best thing is to read it over after you done writing something, and you should read it out loud to see if you have any mistakes (I swear I never done this in the past, even though my teacher keep on telling me many times:so_funny:) What I hate the most is presentations.. I dont feel comefortable and I dont know how to feel more calm, speak smoothly in front of everyone. It's hard &it is a skill that you gotta learnnnnnnn :D

P.s: what I've written up there are just my opinions, I barely do any of those, I only do it when I really have too :D

StevenDinh
23-04-2008, 03:16 AM
I've some ideas about the reading. I know u guys can read any book but the big big problem is some time, there are some hard book (about vocab. or grammar) to read so u guys should to choose the lower level to read may be it can make u guys feel easy to read.........(At the biginning I learn English, I read the book at lvl 3 or lower. But now it better ^^)

THIÊN TỬ
23-04-2008, 09:25 AM
P/S:YOU CAN ONLY LEARN VOCAB WHEN YOU REALLY SIT DOWN WITH A DICTIONARY A SIDE SO THAT YOU CAN TRANSSLATE THE WORDS WHILE READING:D

I LEARNED SPEAKING BY PRATICING WITH FRIENDS IN CLASS (BUT NOT ANYMORE):haha: I LEARN READING BY WATCHING THE SUBTITLES FROM THE MOVIE:D (I BET YOU NEVER HEAR THAT MOVIES CAN HELP YOU STUDY:D) AND WRITTING?? I HAVE TO SAY THAT IT IS THE HARDEST SKILL THAT I STILL HAVE TO PRATICE EVENTHOUGH I LIVED HERE MORE THAN 7 YEARS:D IT'S JUST MY OPINION AND MY WAY OF STUDYING, YOU MAY HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO PRACTICE. GOODLUCK:haha:

Ngày Hôm Qua
23-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I seemingly have done some of your suggestions. It works, but it is not enough to communicate or write a research. May be, it takes long time to use English Ok.
However, thank you a lot.

I think reading help you not only having more vocabulary but also learning wring style.

StevenDinh
23-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Well done.......so reading and writing are a pair, speaking and hearing are a pair. When u can successful know 1 of these, it's make u easier to learn the next one. Like when u can hear someone speak English it means u may be or can speaking English (I don't know do u guy get it?)

P/s: Nghe, noi, doc, viet

THIÊN TỬ
24-04-2008, 01:07 AM
REMEMBER LOOK, LISTEN, AND TALK ARE ALWAYS GO TOGHETHER WHEN YOU WANT TO LEARN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE.

P/S EXCEPT SIGN LANGUAGE:haha:

StevenDinh
28-04-2008, 09:12 AM
LOOK for what????????

THIÊN TỬ
28-04-2008, 09:29 AM
LOOK UP THE WORDS THAT YOU HAVEN'T KNOW MAN:battay::haha:

XpricelesSx
28-04-2008, 10:13 AM
haaaaaaaaaa OML TT anybody lôk smal words

raymone
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
haaaaaaaaaa OML TT anybody look smal words
mistaken vocabulary "smal", true is "small".

the enjoyable subject is destroyed by the shallow persons.

Dark Angel
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
mistaken vocabulary "smal", true is "small".

the enjoyable subject is destroyed by the shallow persons.

"people" is the plural form of "person". I'd like to suggest you should be more polite in interaction with the other members. They may not be very good at English study but they could be very-very good at other things. Therefore, you should NOT use the word "shallow" to judge them. Shallow people love to show off.
Be nice!

Ok, keep discussing ppl ^^

raymone
02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
ok man, if you said that i haven't idea.

tienu
20-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Huh <look around>

Finally, I manage to join this pic after writing a quite long respond to chi_mot_tinh_yeu in another topic, asking for some correcting <Why do I always have to be so stringy? -_-''>

Of all the people who have the same interest and eager to learn English as me, I've divided them into 2 smaller groups:

- Group 1: Just to know, which means they don't really take this as any of their "Bread to live", or they just follow the "Mode" today, just learn English for fun, for not falling behind the others' backs. (This is a confession: I used to be one of those -_-'')

- Group 2: People who take English as a serious deal, who always look for the exactness in Grammar and every word they use. They're really eager to learn, to know, and conscious of why they're learning English this miserably.

If you're in group 1:

- Listen to music!!! What's your ears for? I know, Vietnam, our country isn't a very great environment to learn English. But the English Music has become one of the apples in teenagers' eyes now, and strongly influences the liveway of the Youth. When you listen to English, you learn the Lyrics, Vocabulary, and Pronunciation. But this solution isn't very suitable to...Grammar :D

- Write some pieces of emotional experiences on Blog by English. (Although I don't write quite often on Blog, but many do, so...why not? :D)

- Chat with other foreign people. I'm sure you're going to learn a great number of slangs.

If you're in group 2:

- Ack, books, here I come!!! >''< This is the most unpleasant way to learn, methinks. My eyelids could never help falling dơwn, heavying themselves everytime I hold a book, or an ocean of words. And, caused by my Laziness, I usually don't mind if I see a strange word. Right now, I'm reading a book, written by Joyce Carol Oats (It'd be a big disapointment if one who lives in ÚSA doésn't know this famous fabulous writer). A short story-collection. Though they're great, but it often takes me once or twice reading to understand completely what the point is, or what the story want to tell me. Oh, please, why can't I be awaken? T__T

- Don't let your feelings float like an unemotional river through your head. Bring it on!!! Show everybody what you can, no matter your social rank is, how old you are, or what's your business, you have to write, correctly!!! Then people can help you :D You'll see, your English is going to improve a lot, unpredictably and incredibly fast.

- Sometimes, I notice that there are some of us don't really care, or use words without being conscious what the true meaning behind the words is. We aren't native English people, so mistakes in using words are unavoidable. It'd be much better if you've got an eye on what you say, what you write, to avoid causing troubles and misunderstandings.

- Use the English-English dictionary!!!

- Listen to Tv-program and speak after them. ^^

- Join many of useful English Clubs like this :D

Ack, what else? -_-'' Right now, I still have to struggle with English -_-''

Yours sincerely. :D