PDA

Xem đầy đủ chức năng : I Just Have One Comment To Mod Of This Room

THIÊN TỬ
01-02-2008, 12:09 AM
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

FIRST OF ALL PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR SAYING THIS OKAY, THIS IS JUST MY COMMENT AND MY OPINION ABOUT THIS ROOM. IF THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROOM IS TO LEARN AND COMMUNICATE BY USING ENGLISH BUT WHY SOMETIME WHEN I GO AROUND MANY TOPIC AND WHAT I SEE IS SOME MOD AND MEMS SPEAK IN A "SLANG WAY" OF ENLISH INSTEAD OF THE CORRECT ENGLISH?? SO THAT OTHERS LIKE ME CAN LEARN ENGLISH THE RIGHT WAY.IT'S RELLY HARD TO UNDERSTAND AND TO LEARND CORRRECT ENGLISH IF IT KEEP COMING LIKE THIS.

FOR EX: INSTEAD SAYING I'M GONNA, OR WANNA, OR I C OR B/C...
WHY CAN WE WRITE I'M GOING TO, OR WANTED TO, OR I SEE, OR BECAUSE....

SINCERELY,
THIÊN TỬ:haha:

Mua Sao Bang
01-02-2008, 03:46 AM
No surprise!!!! I experienced a vẻry similar situation one year ago.

At that time, I đídn't know E as well as now, but people in this room liked to use short form or slangs, or writing with no spelling words. I could not understand anything. Then I asked them to write in right grammar and easier language. Guess! what did one member say to me? she or he said that I am stupid and... I don't really remember ( it still exists in hht). ...

So what? don't be worried much about this... u can learn some things new even though that are not appropriate in writing, that's good for learn that kind of language.
However, don't copy that way of writing .

Zenaku
01-02-2008, 03:50 AM
well , I think these you mentioned are not "slang", It's just the way to shorten word, another word -> shortcut

jinny_mimi
01-02-2008, 03:55 AM
ok i know this is not the place for me. but may i say? i know everybody here like slangs and short writtings, but you know thien tinh su i think it's a way of studying, we are like that style, so let it be, don't care too much that can make u become older :D, instead why don't we care about the content of the topics??? and how to make everybody want to come back again not only visit and ...never comeback :D

Sunshine*
01-02-2008, 04:03 AM
Well everyone has their own different ways of learning, of spelling the words. What do you think of members writing in Vietnamese but it's not even proper? Using "j" to replace "i"? Maybe they are just too lazy to type the whole word. In English, you can't really change much.. "gonna, wanna, b/c, i c" .. it's just the way people want to type it or the way they speak in real life. I dont think what you mentioned is slang though, slang should be something else.

.:*~Tawny~*:.
01-02-2008, 08:23 AM
I agree with Zenaku. Those are just abreviations, or IM words; They are not necessary slang. Appreciate your comment; It is true that we should use proper English, even though most of us are used to IM language. I myself will try to avoid using those, thanks for reminding.
When we discuss about grammar things, it'd be better to type properly. However, I think abreviating words are fine, right? Wanna, Gonna, nah, yah, b/c,b/w, w/,i c, idk are okay for regular commenting. Oh well it's all up to our individual opinion.