PDA

Xem đầy đủ chức năng : Prolem in vocabulary!!!

starfish_and_my_dream
17-01-2008, 06:12 AM
I'm studying English but I have a prolem in vocabulary!!
You can help me ,please
Speak with me : How do you learn vocabulary for good result?!?!
I need learn very many vocabulary
Please help me,thanks

silver
17-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I had this kind of problem too.. I didn't know a lot of vocabulary, and there's no way you can enlarge your range of vocab in a short period of time. I tried to learn little by little and start reading books. Sometimes I just guessed the meanings of the words I didn't know, like in a sentence, there would be some hints for you to understand what it's saying there.. Well, you don't have to look up for words in the dictionary all the time, just try to guess what the sentence is saying and you can get the general meanings of the new words.. When you understand them, try to use them regularly and familiarize yourself with the words.. That's pretty much how I learnt..

For now, I still find different ways to learn as much vocab as I can.. like I ask my friends to give me a word that they think I don't know, and if I know that word, they'll lose, but if I don't, they'll have to explain it to me :D:D It's good to study in a group.. you and your friends can help and improvise each other..

Hope my advice helps ^^

BTW, it's "problem", just in case you forgot -_-"

Ngày Hôm Qua
18-01-2008, 05:37 AM
write your new vocabulary on cards then carry them any where u go!!

starfish_and_my_dream
18-01-2008, 05:54 AM
thanks for many advise ^^

suol
25-01-2008, 04:47 AM
accoding to me, if you want to learn vocabulary well, you should put them in the context. learning in context that can hepl you remember them and can help you know how to use it in right situation. something to say with you! bye.!

peace_star
25-01-2008, 07:21 AM
@ soul: You should write "I think..." or "In my opinion". It í better than "according to me"
@ starfish: I think you should read newspapers by both English and Vietnamese. It will help you remember some useful vocabularies.

.:*~Tawny~*:.
25-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi y'all
I've just found one veryyyyyyyyyy useful website : www.freerice.com
THe founder's son was a very lazy kid who didn't want to study at all, so he created this website in order to encourage his son to learn vocab. It's kind of a like a multiple choice vocab quiz. Everytime you get one right, 20 grains of rice will be donated for the world hungers.
I think it's very helpful. There are 50 levels; It gets harder and harder everytime. If you don't know a word, guess, then they will give you the answer. YOu can look it up & write down the words in order to remember wut they mean. GOod luck, it's very fun, actually.

xVeNuSx
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
u will never finish vocabulary because there are too many words, just kêep it up, try to remember words u have learned that part is hard i kno ,just úsing those words many times then u will get used to with it :D

~Lolita~
01-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Just study 10 words/day, it would help. And don't be afraid to ask your teacher if you don't understand the meaning of a word, even my friend, who is an American didn't even know the meaning of the word "sibling". So there, don't be afraID TO ASK when you need to

03-02-2008, 05:08 AM
for what i did , i wrote all the vocabulary all a poster and posted on the wall in my bedroom so everytime i walk into my room i look at them and try to remember the meanings :sr: good luck in studying them :sr:

Chi Lan
04-02-2008, 03:11 AM
I translated story, poem, lyric... blah, but now I dont have time and my volcabulary goes worse and worse :(