PDA

Xem đầy đủ chức năng : Should euthanasia be legalized??

silver
04-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Euthanasia is the merciful act of helping a person or animal end their life in a painless way due to a terminal and/or very painful health condition. It is considered as "merci killing". If death is not intended, is it not an act of euthanasia.

My friends and I had an argument about this topic, should euthanasia be legalized..

Most of us were against it. We all reasoned that euthanasia is a rejection of the importance and value of human life, and killing is never right... I also thought we, as human beings, should treasure our lives 'till the very last moment, we should live to the fullest, because, as we all know, "people only live once"..

People who support euthanasia often say that it is already considered permissable to take human life under some circumstances such as self defense - either their own or someone else's. However, with euthanasia no one's life is saved.. In deed, euthanasia is nothing but an act of killing.

These are all reasonable..

But, imagine you're a patient who is unable to move, you have to lie on bed 24/24 and the ceiling is the only thing you look at everyday, due to the disabilities after a terrible accident.. You're perpectly aware of your condition, you know perfectly well what's going around.. Everyday, you just lie there, watching everything in YOUR life passes away, can't even cry a tear to sympathize yourself..
Yeah.. maybe you don't experience any pain physically, but nothing can lessen your emotional pain..

Who would want to live a life like that? Who would want to last for even just a day? Also... if your have a right to live, isn't it your own choice to take it away?

I have no idea if I should go for it or go against it, because this matter is not something you can use logic, justice or righteousness to judge upon.. The option depends on what you believe and your perspectives..

So... please share..!

Daisuke Niwa
07-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I don't know.It's too far to think about death!L:D Hey,do you mean euthanasia's a death without painful?

07-12-2007, 09:37 PM
yeah, i think euthanasia should be legalized
in my class, we had to debate abt this issue too

silver
09-12-2007, 12:55 AM
I don't know.It's too far to think about death!L:D Hey,do you mean euthanasia's a death without painful?

Uhm.. as I've explained, euthanasia is an act of merci KILLING.. it's like to grant a person who no longer desires to live or cannot live on a painless death, and that person's intention to end his/her own life is highly considered.

@|-Sún::Răng-|: really.. but why do you think it should be??

Balla_Babie
10-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I think it should be legalized to help those in great pain that can never recover from ịt

cô bé mắc nai
10-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah .. i think euthanasia should be legalizes because there are some ilness can't never be cured so why not helping those who's desperate want to end they lives . As aware, Some country in the world are legalized these but some strongly protest to it . Like in Australia , some state are not support to legislation euthanasia . They're compare this is likely to abotion act . My opion , hightlines what is to be suitable to produce merci killing to people . Eg. Long years in treatment , old ages , wishes , family agreement , doctor Describes . Then why not give euthanasia to the patients .

silver
11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
So you all believe that euthanasia should be legalized because it helps to end people's slow and painful deaths?? Sorry but you just look at things simply as black and white. There are millions of situations where cases can't be judged easily.

Suppose there's an old woman in a nursing home, who can't even fully understand a breakfast menu, is asked to sign a form consenting to be killed. Do you think is it right for just a simple signature to take one's life away?? It's bad enough that you can't explain to the old woman that she's signing away her life, it's even worse if people intend to take advantage of this to murder someone. Seriously, think about it!! Will they be protected by the law?? How??

"You matter to the last moment of your life.."
As we all know..

asluvsea_hap
25-09-2008, 09:29 PM
hix,I wanna talk english , but I'm not good at english.can you help me?

Sunshine*
25-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, in my English class had this debate before. Should euthanasia be legalized? Well, half of the class agreed that it should and the other half said it shouldnt be legalized. Everyone live their life only once right, so why would you wanna let them die like that? Even if it's 1 month, 1 year of that person lying on the hospital bed waiting for the death to come. There were questions like "What abt their family? Sitting there everyday hoping that person will come back but they cant?" and "It's a burden to their family because they will have to take care of the person". I dont know if it should be legalized or not but if you think about it, there are advantages & disadvantages to it. You said they dont feel the physical pain but they feel emotional pain. That's wrong because they DO feel the physical pain but they can't speak it out. Don't you feel the pain when all the needles are in your body? Don't you feel the pain of lying there watching yourself slowly die but you have no clue? Don't you feel the pain of all the things that doctors put in your skin trying to make you live again? Yes they do feel the emotional pain than all of us do. I dont think we all can actually decide about this - if it should be legalized or not. Some people will say yes and some will say no. Everyone's opinions are different, the way we think. But try to put YOURSELF into the situation and ask yourself, do you want to die or do you want to live again? It's hard isnt it?

muối_ăn_natri_NA
27-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Well, i don't think you're right about the patient don't feel physical pain. One of the most important reason why people find for euthanasia is because they are so painful, every part of them is like to be burned and stab with a dagger, especially someone at the last period of cancer. I have an uncle who died bacause of heart disease. 2 days berfore dying, he was in a great pain that no one could do anything about it. I saw it myself.

muối_ăn_natri_NA
27-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Ở đậy có ai đi du học ở Mỹ chưa?

silver
01-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Well, i don't think you're right about the patient don't feel physical pain. One of the most important reason why people find for euthanasia is because they are so painful, every part of them is like to be burned and stab with a dagger, especially someone at the last period of cancer. I have an uncle who died bacause of heart disease. 2 days berfore dying, he was in a great pain that no one could do anything about it. I saw it myself.

i was talking about a paralyzed patient..

lol, and debating over euthanasia now is just a waste of time. the topic has long been classified as one of the never-win arguments..

but if you'd like, we can still discuss.. musing over details of the struggle for the right to die :so_funny:

silver
03-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Sometimes people use the BAD to make the GOOD! Only God can judge it! lolz

the idea of God existing is already bias :so_funny:

Ngày Hôm Qua
03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
It should be legalized for people who want to end their lives. Their lives-so they should have a choice to diẹ It is weird that people always talk about freedom, but the basic freedom of ending a person ơwn life is illegal. Living in pain is such the most terrible thing, and only people who have experienced the pain ò their illness can understand.

Kienfa
04-02-2010, 02:03 PM
No one dare to sign that even though they understood the situation that really need to be addresses , because no one want their name on that bill , the bill that can let people tell they are agree to legallized kill people and it can effect their politic career dearly. Put yourself in their shoes :sr:

silver
06-02-2010, 07:42 AM
It should be legalized for people who want to end their lives. Their lives-so they should have a choice to diẹ It is weird that people always talk about freedom, but the basic freedom of ending a person ơwn life is illegal. Living in pain is such the most terrible thing, and only people who have experienced the pain ò their illness can understand.

This is when my century-old argument proves to be effective :D:D

So you believe that euthanasia should be legalized because it helps to end people's slow and painful deaths?? Sorry but you just look at things simply as black and white. There are millions of situations where cases can't be judged easily.

Suppose there's an old woman in a nursing home, who can't even fully understand a breakfast menu, is asked to sign a form consenting to be killed. Do you think is it right for just a simple signature to take one's life away?? It's bad enough that you can't explain to the old woman that she's signing away her life, it's even worse if people intend to take advantage of this to murder someone. Seriously, think about it!! Will they be protected by the law?? How??

No one dare to sign that even though they understood the situation that really need to be addresses , because no one want their name on that bill , the bill that can let people tell they are agree to legallized kill people and it can effect their politic career dearly. Put yourself in their shoes :sr:

not everyone's gonna run for presidential election you know?? :so_funny:

i think in some states they allow the patient's immediate family members to sign that paper, as long as the case is proved to be.. err appropriate (since when was killing appropriate?? :D)

in the end the people with politic career will have veto power in this kind of matters XD then think about it, if you have that kind of power, wouldnt you, even just in thoughts, try to do something to end that kind of insufferable pain (regardless of physical or emotional)??

lu_hehe
14-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Legalizing the murdering of people?

It doesn't really concern us, does it?

Lives of people, rights to live and die, belong solely to the people themselves. When it's decided that the people can't make choices for themselves, the rights can be transferred to the ones who love them the most, the ones who wish them all the best and never mean harm.

People who can't even understand the world's most basic concepts, which are life, death and fear, and can't even satisfy the most basic needs, which are hope and happiness, do you really think they care whether their lives are decided by the hands of others?? Come to think of it, even animals fulfill these requirements, yet their lives are still decided by our hands...

But, let's face it, whether one lives or dies, in pain or not, it's something that does NOT concern us, unless we are the person ourselves. And if we're ever placed in this position, where we can't even make our own decision, then at that time we're unable to care anyway.

Oh, and why don't people just sign a paper like, "If I ever be like this and that, this person AAA will be responsible for my life-and-death decision," of course, this paper can only be signed by a totally happy, sane person. O___o