PDA

Xem đầy đủ chức năng : Fear

^_^wat the pee^_^
18-11-2007, 09:39 AM
there are a lot of sick emotion in this world, but perhaps one of the worst is fear. when i think about all i failed to do in my life because my fears got the best of me i ache inside. Acting in the face of fear will never be easy, but afterward you'll always be glad you did it. we all feel fear from time to time, and that's okay. "feel the fear and do it anyway" does the saying. One way i've learned to oversome fear is to keep this thought always in the back of my mind :"Winning is nothing more than rising each time u fall". We should worry less about falling and more about the chances we miss when we dont even try. After all, many of the people we most admires failed many times. Be strong in the hard moments. Some of the hardest moments come when facing perr pressure. Saying no when all urs friedns are saying yes takes raw courage. To overcome peer pressure, you've got to care more about what you think of you then what ur peers think of you.

To realize the value of One day,
Ask a daily wage laborer who has six kids to feed.
To realize the value of one hour,
Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of on minute,
Ask the person who missed the train.
To realize the value of one second,
Ask the persom who survived an accident.
To realize the value of One Millisecond,
Ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics.
Your teen years can be some of the most exciting and adventurous years of life. So value each moment!

_khói_
19-11-2007, 05:31 PM
thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading ịt ^.^

^_^wat the pee^_^
21-11-2007, 08:02 AM
no problem...glad there s still sb enjoying it

StevenDinh
21-11-2007, 09:47 AM
well....did you write an essay in school every single day??????
I want to write like you but I can't, 'cause my vocab. it not so much yet.......lol

^_^wat the pee^_^
21-11-2007, 02:25 PM
stevendinh: i do have to write essays at school but luckily not every single day!!
hmm...and most of the time i just kinda let my feeling out on papers like a piece of diary. might it help?

StevenDinh
27-11-2007, 09:57 AM
That's it???????? You don't have any way to talk to me how I can improve my English......(sigh)...........

^_^wat the pee^_^
27-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey Steven (guess its ur name). i didnt know u asked for help. i think u wondered about my experiences. oh to improve english??hmm....idk but reading books maybe a good idea, there r some really good books if ur interested in, i can tell u some!, And maybe u should do service, work in community, u can gain lots of experiences.

StevenDinh
27-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Steven, actualy my name....Thanks for your advice.......

tieu_bao_999
29-11-2008, 09:48 PM
^^ good! how about listening? i want to improve this skill but ddifficult to do it, althought i try to practise listening a lot hix... can you give me advice? Thanks a lot >,<

StevenDinh
30-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Don't worry so much about the "listening", I know that if u just keeping practice for it, one day u'll hear every single word...easily.

tienu
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
This is a very beautiful piece of writing.

I would like to share some of my humble opinions.

To realize the value of One day,
Ask a daily wage laborer who has six kids to feed.
To realize the value of one hour,
Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of on minute,
Ask the person who missed the train.
To realize the value of one second,
Ask the persom who survived an accident.
To realize the value of One Millisecond,
Ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics.

I reacted a bit on this poem. I have two issues:
1/ Why are we supposed to ask if we never really understand it? I've got a theory: To understand a man, you have to walk in his shoes. So, to understand the value, I think it is better to experience the thing than...merely asking it.
2/ Sudden percept of valuable things leads to extreme emotions. Extreme emotions are hard to put into words. What would you answer if I ask "How is love?"?

"The only thing you have to fear is fear itself" - Franklin D. Roosevelt. I bet you must have heard ^^

Mom is going bananas. I have to go to bed. Stormy night, friend(s) -_-''

P.S. So ungrateful I am. I almost forgot to say thanks. You are on the right track, budd.

^_^wat the pee^_^
03-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Oohh...i thought my topic was closed million years ago! Happy to recieve some feedbacks!
There are many "saying" ways to improve English skill but not many people who can be successful after practising them. Although i dont have a lot of probs w/ English since i'm living in an english speaking country, i still have probs w/ other foreign languages like Chinese, Korean which im taking now. And as i experienced so far, the only way for me to improve is to talk and take advantages of sticking note. Wherever i go, there is always sticking note in my purse! u dont knw wat u can learn every single day...

jainie
11-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Wat the pee, I want to ask... what does the word kinda mean? And lol, what does lol mean?:thatall:

letue
11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Wat the pee, I want to ask... what does the word kinda mean? And lol, what does lol mean?:thatall:

lol means laugh out loud =:so_funny:
and i think kinda =kind of ^^

jainie
13-12-2008, 04:01 AM
thank, letue, but... what does"letue" mean?^^